Job descriptionAre you good with little ones?
Can you inspire youngsters and create fun?
Would term time hours appeal to you?
If so, we are currently recruiting an SEN teaching assistant for a primary school in Wigan WN3. The school has a population of approx 200 children. It is a mainstream, Roman catholic school with excellent reviews from Ofsted and the diocese about its welcoming and friendly culture.
If you have a TA background that's great, but not essential. We are more interested in talking to someone with practical experience of working or interacting with children with SEN (special educational needs) which can be from personal experience rather than in a school.
Maybe you are a sports coach, club leader, childminder, have children in your family who require support, if so, you're what we are looking for.
- To be considered for the role we need you to be:
- In possession of, or willing to obtain a child only, enhanced DBS certificate
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Able to provide references to cover 2 years, no gaps (including character references)
- A positive, inspiring and passionate personality
The role will involve:
- Assisting the teacher to prepare the lesson with materials and classroom layout
- Support specific children with SEN
- Manage behaviour, adopting strategies to diffuse and reduce disruption
- Support reading and writing using the Read& Write Inc programme
- Safeguarding of children
email@example.com or call 0161 537 6500