Our 3-step registration process at GSL Education is designed to be quick and simple for the candidate and safe for schools.
We are fully committed to equal opportunities and against any form of discrimination, so we will consider your skills, qualifications and suitability for any vacancies you apply for – nothing else.
*Please note that we are currently completing the entire registration process virtually, via video calls. Documents will be sent via links and you will need to show your original documents to your consultant during the interview. We have carefully designed the process to be quick and simple, as well as maintaining our high standards.
Step one: Get in touch
Register online to start your job hunt with GSL. Alternatively, you can call your local branch.
We will contact you to explain the process and find out more about what you are looking for; arrange a time for an informal interview, and send you a registration pack by email.
Step two: Your Registration Pack
Completing the pack makes your face-to-face/virtual interview quicker and easier.
Step three: interview and vetting
Your interview, should last around 30-45 minutes, please make sure you have your completed forms and all required documents (listed below). We won’t be able to offer you work until we've completed the registration process.
Our consultants are all friendly and approachable so no need to be nervous – we want you to do well.
We will complete an interview report covering teaching techniques, classroom and behaviour management, knowledge of the UK National Curriculum and safeguarding, communication skills and extent of knowledge in specialist areas (if applicable).
We'll also assess aptitude, skills and confidence throughout the entire interview and registration process.
- Two strong references with contact details for verification (from the last 2 years - 1 being your most recent employer).
- A valid, original passport.
- Evidence of your right to work in the UK (where applicable) - this could be evidence of settled or pre-settled status using a share code, a work permit, or a valid visa/BRP.
- Original qualification certificates (and NARIC assessment where applicable).
- One valid proof of address (issued within the last 3 months) – this could be in the form of utility bills or bank statements,issued in your name to your home address.
- We also undertake a ‘DBS’ check before sending you out to a school – you will need a child workforce enhanced DBS on the update service to work in schools. These cost £49.60 with an annual fee of £13 for the update service.