Company Name: GSL Education (‘the Company’)
Company Contact details: Anja Parchet firstname.lastname@example.org
Document Privacy Notice Topic: Data protection
The Company is a recruitment business which provides work-finding services to its clients and workseekers. The Company must process personal data (including sensitive personal data) so that it can provide these services – in doing so, the Company acts as a data controller.
You may give your personal details to the Company directly, such as on an application or registration form or via our website, or we may collect them from another source such as a jobs board. The Company must have a legal basis for processing your personal data. For the purposes of providing you with workfinding services and/or information relating to roles relevant to you we will only use your personal data in accordance with the terms of the following statement.
1. Collection and use of personal data
a. Purpose of processing and legal basis
The Company has collected your personal data (which may include sensitive personal data) and will process your personal data for the purposes of providing you with work-finding services. The legal bases we rely upon to offer these services to you are:
- Legitimate interest
- Legal obligation
- Contractual obligation
b. Categories of data
The Company may collect the following personal data on you:
- Name/contact details
- Bank Details
- Any other information relevant to a Job Role
Sensitive personal data:
- Disability/criminal conviction
- And any other sensitive personal data
c. Legitimate interest
Where the Company has relied on a legitimate interest to process your personal data our legitimate interests is/are as follows:
- We are a recruitment business and you are looking for work – it is in both our interests for us to hold your data while we search on your behalf
d. Recipient/s of data
The Company will process your personal data and/or sensitive personal data with the following:
- Individuals and organisations who you have provided for your reference or application to work with us.
- Tax, audit, or other authorities, when we believe in good faith that the law or other regulation requires us to share this data.
- Third party service providers, inside and outside the EEA , who perform functions on our behalf where we have an appropriate processing agreement (or similar protections) in place.
2. Data retention
The Company will retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary. Different laws require us to keep different data for different periods of time.
If we have had no meaningful contact for 2 years we will delete your data. When we refer to meaningful contact, this is written or verbal communication regarding any of our current or prospective roles or training.
The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003, require us to keep work-seeker records for at least one year from (a) the date of their creation or (b) after the date on which we last provide you with work-finding services.
We must also keep your payroll records, holiday pay, sick pay and pensions auto-enrolment records for as long as is legally required by HMRC and associated national minimum wage, social security and tax legislation.
Where the Company has obtained your consent to process your personal and sensitive personal data we will do so in line with our retention policy (a copy of which is attached). Upon expiry of that period the Company will seek further consent from you. Where consent is not granted the Company will cease to process your personal data and sensitive personal data.
3. Your rights
Please be aware that you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to be informed about the personal data the Company processes on you;
- The right of access to the personal data the Company processes on you;
- The right to rectification of your personal data;
- The right to erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances;
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability in certain circumstances;
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data that was based on a public or legitimate interest;
- The right not to be subjected to automated decision making and profiling; and
- The right to withdraw consent at any time.
Where you have consented to the Company processing your personal data and sensitive personal data you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time by contacting Anja Parchet.
4. Source of the personal data
The Company sourced your personal data/sensitive personal data by the following means:
- We sourced your personal data from a jobs board, This information came from a publicly accessible source.
- From yourself and providing consent
5. Complaints or queries
If you wish to complain about this privacy notice or any of the procedures set out in it please contact: Anja Parchet.
You also have the right to raise concerns with Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 or at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/, or any other relevant supervisory authority should your personal data be processed outside of the UK, if you believe that your data protection rights have not been adhered to.
The only information that we store, is that which is provided by you when setting up a Job Alert. We then only hold required information for the legitimate interest period decided by you and you can end the Job Alert at any time.
Effective Date: 05-Feb-2022
Last Updated: 05-Feb-2022
What are cookies?
Types of Cookies we use
Manage cookie preferences
You can change your cookie preferences any time by clicking the above button. This will let you revisit the cookie consent banner and change your preferences or withdraw your consent right away.
In addition to this, different browsers provide different methods to block and delete cookies used by websites. You can change the settings of your browser to block/delete the cookies. Listed below are the links to the support documents on how to manage and delete cookies from the major web browsers.
If you are using any other web browser, please visit your browser’s official support documents.
Head Office: 15 Cotton's Gardens, Shoreditch, London E2 8DN
Call: 020 7739 2211