Job descriptionSEN Specialist Support Worker
GSL Education are currently recruiting Support Workers for SEMH Primary and Secondary school based in Rugby.
GSL Education are seeking Support Workers to work with primary and secondary aged pupils with a range of special educational needs. You will be helping students progress socially and academically, as well as promoting independence.
Key Job Role Responsibilities:
- Provide a personalised learning experience for all pupils
- Assist with personal care where applicable
- Provide support of the highest quality, following the direction of the class teacher
- Support the delivery of lessons in-line with the Primary and Secondary School National Curriculums
- Provide a safe learning environment for students in your care
- Work alongside other education professionals such as Education Psychologists, Social Workers and CAMHS
- Have at least 6 months hands-on experience of supporting adults or young people with additional needs, such as Physical Learning Disabilities, Dyslexia SEMH, Aggression, Anxiety, Self Harm, Autism, ADHD, Learning Difficulties, Attachment Disorder and LAC
- Have a calm and caring demeanour, with a positive outlook on life
- Hold a UK recognised qualification such as a Level 3 NQV in Health and Social Care, Complete Care Certificate, or Level 3 NVQ in Children and Young People (Desired but not necessary)
- Be charismatic and be able to engage young people in educational-based activities
- Hold an Enhanced Child Workforce DBS registered to the update service, or be willing to apply for one through GSL Education
For further information, please contact Gugs on 0116 4788000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.