Job descriptionHLTA Land based management required for Special school in Rugby
Location: Rugby, Warwickshire
Contract Type: Long-term/Permanent
GSL Education are currently looking for a passionate and experienced HLTA (land based management) to join a high-achieving and dynamic special school located in Rugby, Warwickshire. This is a permanent role starting ASAP, or as soon as the candidate’s notice has been served if in a current permanent role.
The school has a unique, innovative learning environment that is child centred. The school endeavours to provide an environment where all pupils of both sexes aged 7 –19 years who have social, emotional and mental health needs and/or an autistic spectrum condition. are able to access a broad, balanced and challenging curriculum. The school has dedicated and passionate staff work hard to ensure that all children are given every opportunity to become successful, confident and happy learners.
The school is looking for a dedicated HLTA who is able to support students with special needs. Especially to lead in the land based provision to ensure each pupils get the best outcome through each lesson. If necessary comprehensive induction and on-going training and support will be provided for this role.
Ideally, you need to have:
- Graduated with a degree
- Completed HLTA Level qualification
- Experience with pupils with social, emotional and mental health needs
- Accurate Qualification in Land based Management
- Has experience of working with pupils with an EHCP
- Confident and compassionate
- The desire and motivation to meet the challenge of working with children with SEN
- Ability to develop an understanding of the educational, welfare and social needs of the child with whom you are supporting
· Plan, deliver and assess a suitable Level 1 and Level 2 Land based course
· Provide individual or group based lessons
· Arrange and attend meetings with other professionals (Speech and language therapists, occupational therapists, school nurse etc.)
· To support children in work experience placements or off site activities
· To safeguard and promote the welfare of all children and young people in the school and being familiar with the School’s Safeguarding and protection issues, procedures
· To fulfill any other duties as directed by the Principal
The school offers:
- Excellent pay rates
- A welcoming, vibrant and inclusive school community
- Access to the Employee Assistance Programme to support health and well being
- Excellent career development opportunities
GSL Education is an ethical, independent recruitment agency serving Teachers across Coventry and Warwickshire. Our advertised teaching roles relate to real vacancies that exist in our client Schools.
Candidates wishing to apply are requested to forward a copy of their CV to our Education Consultant, Gagan Rura, as soon as possible.