Job descriptionTeacher of Science - York
- Salary: £120 - £175 per day
- Start Date: Easter 2021 and September 2021
- Location: York and surrounding areas
- Pay Scale: Newly Qualified and Main Pay Scale
GSL Education are currently looking for Science Teachers to work in mid and long-term placements from Easter and September 2021. Roles are suitable for Fully Qualified and Newly Qualified Teachers who are looking to complete their induction year. Jobs may become permanent for the right candidates.
During your time in role you will be expected to take on full teacher responsibilities including planning lessons, raising attainment and communicating with parents, carers and other members of staff.
The successful candidate will:
- hold QTS or other UK recognised teaching qualification
- specialise in Chemistry, Biology or Physics to GCSE standard
- have previous teaching experience which can be referenced (can include training placements)
- aspire to be an ‘outstanding’ teacher
- set high standards and stretch the ability of all pupils
- be a team player that is willing to contribute to the overall success of the school
- hold a current Enhanced DBS registered with the update service or be prepared to apply for a new one through GSL Education
For more information on this role, please contact Kerry Fowler at GSL Education, or email an up to date CV via the application link.