Job descriptionDesign Technology Teacher
Location: York, North Yorkshire
Start Date: April 2024
Salary: MPS/UPS; £30,000 - £43,266 per annum
Contract Type: Full-Time
GSL Education are looking for a qualified Design Technology Teacher to work at a highly reputable Client Secondary School in North Yorkshire, from April 2024.
About the School:
- The school is famous for its dedication to academic quality, cutting-edge teaching methods, and a wide variety of extracurricular activities.
- They take pride to have cutting-edge facilities and a welcoming neighbourhood that promotes education and the total development of the children.
- The school thinks it's important to foster a culture of lifelong learning, develop students' critical thinking abilities, and ignite their passion for learning.
- There is a committed group of people at the school who include a Pastoral Mentor who assists students with social and emotional challenges, an Autism Champion who works primarily with children with autism, and a nurturing Practitioner who oversees our Year 7 nurturing group.
- Following a period of rapid and continuous improvement, the school was thrilled to gain a "Good" rating from Ofsted in September 2022 during its most recent inspection.
Design Technology Teacher Responsibilities:
- Deliver Design Technology lessons to secondary level students.
- Develop, maintain, and stimulate pupils’ curiosity, interest, and enjoyment in Design Technology.
- Develop pupils’ familiarity, competence, and confidence within a safe and inclusive environment.
- Provide challenge for every pupil and encourage all pupils to achieve their potential in Design Technology.
- Contribute and engage in extra-curricular Design and Technology activities.
- Share cross departmental best practice.
Design Technology Teacher Requirements:
- Hold UK Qualified Teacher Status (QTS or QTLS) with a specialism in Design Technology.
- Recent UK GCSE teaching experience of Design Technology.
- Be a flexible and dynamic Design Technology Teacher who can adapt teaching and learning styles according to student needs.
- Be able to provide two relevant teaching references (placements will be accepted for ECTs).
- Hold an Enhanced DBS registered to the update service or be happy to apply for a new one. DBS sponsorship is available for this position.
For more information, or to apply for the role of Design Technology Teacher in York, North Yorkshire please call Kerry Fowler at GSL Education. Alternatively, please visit the GSL Education official website to apply online.