Job descriptionWe need a Disability Support Assistant to join GSL Education and showcase your capabilities in educational services by taking on the role in Plymouth.
Job Title: Disability Support Assistant
Salary: £12 to £13 per hour
Start Date: Immediately
GSL Education is seeking individuals committed to making a significant impact on the lives of students with special needs. We welcome you to join us as a Disability Support Assistant in Plymouth. In this role, you'll offer crucial support that can truly make a difference. This opportunity not only offers avenues for personal and professional growth but also promises the fulfilling experience of positively impacting the lives of others.
Why Choose GSL Education?
- GSL Education collaborates with candidates nationwide, ensuring a strong presence throughout the UK.
- Competitive compensation and benefits are provided to our employed candidates.
- Our consultants are dedicated to assisting candidates in discovering suitable job opportunities.
- Prioritising the well-being and work-life balance of our teaching staff is among our foremost concerns.
- We maintain high safeguarding standards to ensure the safety and security of all individuals involved.
- In the role of a Disability Support Assistant, you'll have a crucial role in supporting students along their educational path.
- Apply diverse strategies to effectively address the individual needs of each student.
- Work with teachers, therapists, and families to develop comprehensive support plans collaboratively.
- Foster a positive environment aimed at enhancing social and communication skills.
- Regularly apply interventions and engage in activities to support academic progress.
- Candidates with prior experience as a Disability Support Assistant will be given preference.
- Applicants who hold a valid driver's license will receive priority consideration.
- Great communication skills are crucial for success in this position.
- We highly value traits such as compassion, patience, and empathy.
- Adaptability and flexibility in various situations are necessary.
- A firm commitment to fostering the success and well-being of students is fundamental.
If you are dedicated and qualified for this opportunity and ready to contribute to the inclusive education of students, please apply for the advert and submit your CV. The deadline for applications closes soon!
To work with GSL Education, you should:
- Have the right to work in the UK.
- Have an up-to-date CV with two relevant references from within the last 2 years.
- Have a DBS registered to the update service or be happy to apply for one with GSL Education
Here at GSL Education, we offer competitive pay rates, bespoke service and dedicated Consultants who will support you in securing your new role. Whether you are at the start of your career or are looking for a more manageable work-life balance, rest assured we are here for you. As experienced Education Recruiters, we have helped hundreds of Candidates gain the relevant experience and training required to become Specialist Support Staff, Newly Qualified Teachers, Fully Qualified Teachers, Education Psychologists and even gain Senior Leadership appointments.
Please be advised that this role requires strong knowledge and understanding of safeguarding and child protection or willingness to take a course on safeguarding that successful applicants must satisfy all background safer recruitment checks including an enhanced DBS on the update service.
For more information about any of the positions mentioned above, please contact Conor Burgess at GSL Education as soon as possible. To work with GSL Education in the role, please apply via the application link or visit www.gsleducation.com to apply online.