Job descriptionRole: Graduate Teaching Assistant
Location: York, North Yorkshire
Start Date: ASAP/Easter 2023
Salary: £75 – £90 per day
Are you a recent University Graduate considering a career in the education sector?
Do you have a genuine desire to help support young people?
If so, GSL Education would like to hear from you!
As a national independent recruitment provider, GSL Education supports Primary, Secondary and Special Educational Needs Schools with their staffing requirements. Whether you’re looking for full time work to kick-start your education career, or work part-time alongside further education studies, we can offer you the chance to gain hands-on experience, whilst earning a healthy daily salary.
As a Graduate Teaching Assistant, you will:
- Support students on a 1:1 and small group basis with their academic, personal, and social development.
- Provide additional support in your subject-specialist area.
- Work closely with the class teacher to assist in the delivery of educational activities.
- Provide a safe and nurturing environment where pupils can thrive.
- Adapt lesson plans to suit individual student needs.
- Provide 1:1 support to pupils with special educational needs, such as learning difficulties or autism.
- Hold a degree at 2:2 classification or higher.
- Have a genuine desire and passion to work in the education sector.
- Be a flexible, dynamic, and nurturing practitioner.
- Be able to use humour as a way of engaging young people.
- Be available at least 2 days per week, Monday to Friday, Term Time Only.
- Earn a competitive daily salary between £75 and £90.
- Be paid fortnightly via PAYE or an Umbrella Company – your choice!
- Have access to over £4000 worth of CPD, including Autism Awareness, SEN Certificate, Team Teach and formal Teaching Assistant qualifications to name a few.
- Have the opportunity to work in local Primary, Secondary and Special Educational Needs Schools, broadening your horizon of the different sectors within education.