Job descriptionPosition: Behaviour Mentor
Location: Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire
Start Date: October 2022
Pay Rate: £70 to £90 per day
GSL Education are seeking motivated and patient Behaviour Mentors to work across Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire in client schools. We are a national education recruitment agency, with a specific focus on ethical recruitment across the UK.
As a Behaviour Mentor for GSL Education, you will:
- Support the social and emotional needs of children and young people.
- Promote independent learning.
- Encourage pupil participation in whole-School life, including extra-curricular activities.
- Promote a positive attitude and behaviour towards learning.
- Deliver 1:1 and small group interventions, following lesson outcomes planned by the class teacher.
As a successful Behaviour Mentor, you should:
- Have experience working in a specialist School, provision, or environment.
- Have previous experience supporting the emotional and social needs of children or young people.
- Be an enthusiastic educator with a dedication to supporting vulnerable young people.
- Have strong behaviour management skills and be confident towards managing challenging behaviour.
- Have experience supporting young people with autism, learning difficulties and social, emotional, and mental health needs.
- Have a child only DBS on the Update Service or be willing to apply for one.
Please be advised that this role requires a strong knowledge and understanding of safeguarding and child protection and that successful applicants must satisfy all background safer recruitment checks including an enhanced DBS on the update service.
For more information or to register your interest for the position of Behaviour Mentor, please click ‘apply now’ to submit your up-to-date CV. This will not commit you to an application for the role.