Job descriptionSEN Teaching Assistant required in Nuneaton
Job Type: Full-time - Bank Supply basis
Pay scale: Negotiable
Are you an SEN Teaching Assistant with experience working with children who need special care in an educational setting?
GSL Education is currently recruiting for SEN Teaching Assistant with strong SEN knowledge and experience to work at a lovely, supportive school in Nuneaton. All children attending the school have learning difficulties with additional complexities such as autism, speech and language disorders, challenging behaviour or medical needs. The school is looking for a specialist teaching assistant to support EYFS children with their daily learning needs.
The ideal candidate should be confident in working with SEN children and be passionate about bringing positive change in the lives of children.
Your daily responsibilities will include:
- Acting as a positive role model and managing behaviour
- Ensuring a safe learning environment and approaching education with a child-centred approach.
- Support pupils to make good academic progress, under the direction of the teacher
- Under the direction of a teacher implement group or 1:1 intervention to support pupils who have emotional or social barriers to learning
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils
- Provide feedback to pupils in relation to progress and achievement under the guidance of the teacher
- Understand Individual Education Plans & Behaviour Support Plans and assist to implement these, under the guidance of the teacher
- Supporting the class teacher with planning, monitoring and delivering creative lessons
The ideal candidate will have:
- A hard-working, energetic and flexible nature
- Clear communication skills.
- A calm, understanding and consistent approach to working with children
- Knowledge of Autism, SEMH, ADHD and Challenging Behaviour.
- Ideally, Team Teach trained.
- Happy to work on a supply basis.
GSL Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
If you are interested, please contact Gugs on 07534975592 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.