SEN Teaching Assistant
Location: East London
Salary: £70 to £90 per day
Contract: Temp to perm
GSL Education are seeking Youth Workers and Teaching Assistants for some of our mainstream Schools across East London, working with 11 – 16 years old in a 1:1 or group capacity.
Full time positions available
We are encouraging applicants with the following experience:
- SEN Teaching Assistant
- Support Workers
- SEN play workers
- Health Care Assistants
- Sports Coaches
Experience within SEN, particularly autism, medical needs, physical disabilities and/or severe learning difficulties
GSL Education are working with a number of schools that are on the lookout for SEN teaching assistants who are keen to work with special need settings in East London to join them on a full-time basis. The successful applicant with be assisting in classroom duties to support students on a 1:1 and small group basis, with therapies and overall care.
You will have the following:
- Minimum 6 months experience working in relevant setting
- Experience with supporting students on a 1:1 basis as well as small groups.
- A valid child DBS Certificate on the online update service (we can assist with your application)
- Experience supporting children or young people 1:1 with autism, medical needs, physical disabilities and/or severe learning difficulties
- Training in moving and handling, personal care, PECs and/or Makaton will be highly beneficial
Please send your CV for consideration. Alternatively you can contact Taryn at GSL Education to discuss this role further.