Job descriptionEarly Years Practitioner
Start Date: ASAP/June 2021
Contract: Long Term/ Permanent for the right candidate
Salary: £22000 - 26000 depending on experience
A reputed school are looking for Early Years Practitioner with experience in working with 2-4-year-olds.
This role will be in a team of 4 or 5 staff with a team leader overseeing the team. Each staff member will lead to some specific department depending on their strength in the curriculum and support in other lessons and snack/play duties. This person preferably would need to have a level 3 relevant childcare qualification or level 6 would be fantastic.
The school are looking for a long term, committed staff, an individual who has worked in a similar setting and have something new to offer. To work in this environment, one must have excellent Behavior Management skills and have the experience of working with young children.
The position is for the one who demonstrates the commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
- To take responsibility for planning activities and the assessment of children, to aid with the overall development of the pupils
- Contribute to developing individual programs for pupils with special needs
- Exceptional communicators and strong team-players
- To share responsibility for the health and safety of pupils and colleagues at all times
- To lead activities and scaffold learning in teacher and child initiated learning both indoors and outdoors
- To take part in training during school hours and to have a positive attitude to continuous professional development
- Eligibility to live and work in the UK
- To work in an environment where pupils have higher levels of personal care needs e.g. feeding, toileting, changing soiled clothes
- Ability to stay calm and objective when presented with unusual or challenging behavior
GSL Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All candidates will be subject to strict recruitment and vetting processes and required to have an enhanced DBS check (unless you already have a valid DBS registered on the update service).
For more information on the role, school and how to apply, please contact Hinal Patel at GSL Education on 02077392211