Job descriptionLocation : Central Manchester
Role: 1:1 Support Role
Pay: £65.00 - £80.00 (per day)
GSL Education are currently looking to recruit a Teaching Assistant to work within one of our client schools based in Central Manchester. The school is an independent school that caters for both boys and girls aged 8 to 16 years. We are looking to recruit someone to work in a 1:1 capacity with a young boy in Year 7 who displays challenging behaviours, defiance and has additional needs including ASC.
More information about the school:
· Specialist school that caters for 8 – 16 year olds with complex educational needs, communication difficulties and challenging behaviour, all the young people at this school have EHCP plans.
· Pupils with social, emotional, and behavioural needs, though they may face additional challenges and diagnoses including ADHD, Asperger’s, SpLD, MLD, OCD, Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, Dyscalculia, Foetal Alcohol Syndrome or a variety of other conditions also attend the school.
· The school itself is a very small school with a strong team who work closely with their pupils to nurture and support them throughout their time at School.
· They also provide effective support and a suitably differentiated curriculum, enabling pupils to progress and succeed to the best of their ability.
· Passionate and caring individual
· Relevant qualifications
· Grades A-C in Maths and English at GCSE
· Previous experience working with SEN, Challenging behaviour, Youth offending, Youth Work or Support Work
· Good background subject knowledge of KS3 and KS4 National Curriculum
· Knowledge of behaviour management strategies and emphatic listening skills
· Excellent communication skills
· Current DBS on the Update Service (or willing to apply for a new one)
What we can offer:
· Excellent rates of pay
· A dedicated consultant who can tailor your experience to YOU
· Choice and variety – giving you a range of roles and job opportunities to choose from
· Local work
For further information on this role or to enquire about any other Teaching roles we may have please feel free to contact me today.