Job descriptionRole: SEN Science Teacher
Payscale: £120.00 - £180.00 per day
Are you keen to gain experience and work with profound and multiple learning difficulties?
Are you passionate about improving pupil development?
GSL Education is seeking a special needs teacher with Secondary Science teaching experience to join a friendly Secondary school in the Stockport area. The successful applicant will join the school's progressive Science Department, teaching a mixed class with Autism (ASD), Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD) and other special needs. Ideally, the successful applicant will have experience working in an SEN environment and a proven track record as a successful, creative and dynamic Science teacher who manages their time well and pushes hard to ensure students meet their potential
About the role:
- Teach and coordinate the delivery of Science at KS3/KS4 and GCSE across year groups 7 to 11
- Support the Head of Science to enhance the provision
- Inspire trust and confidence in pupils, colleagues parents and other professionals
- Build team commitment with colleagues
- Adhere to all working protocols as agreed by the school
- Plan and lead children in all enrichment activities
- Ensure you uphold all safeguarding procedures
To apply for this position, you must have:
• Qualified Teacher Status
• Experience working within Special Educational Needs
• Some experience of PECS and Makaton would be advantageous
• Previous PPA experience
• A full and valid DBS registered with the update service, or be prepared to apply for a new one
• Be able to provide references (Work or University-based) covering the last two years
For further information on this role/schools, please do not hesitate to contact Emma Bowen on 0161 537 6500 or email your CV to email@example.com.