Job descriptionLearning Support Assistant – SEND (Down Syndrome)
April 2021 Start
£70 - £90 per day
GSL Education are working with a large mainstream secondary school in Stockport to recruit an LSA to work on a 1:1 basis with a pupil who has Down Syndrome.
For this position you will need to be an experienced SEND Learning Support Assistant who is experienced in working with pupils who have statements of special educational needs and specific health issues.
You will be working with a pupil currently in KS1. The student also has limited communication skills, therefore experience of working with students who have speech, language and communication needs (SLCN) would be advantageous.
Although larger than the average primary school, they have a limited amount of SEND within the school. You will need to be able to work under your own initiative, have emotional intelligence, be mindful of your own communication skills and body language, and above all, have the ability to multitask whilst bringing energy and enthusiasm to the role.
The Ideal Candidate
- Will hold a Level 3 Teaching & Learning Qualification or other childcare qualification.
- An enhanced DBS registered with the update service or be prepared to apply for a new one.
- Have good experience of working with EHCP’s.
- PECS, Makaton or other communication tools would be advantageous.
- To be willing to be flexible and adapt as priorities change throughout the year
- To be innovative, creative and self-motivated
To apply for the role please send CVs to Attiya.Dar@gsleducation.com or feel free to give the office a call on 0161 537 6500 for more details.
GSL Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All our roles are subject to the relevant checks and procedures.