Job descriptionKS-5 SEN Teacher
Start date: ASAP
Salary: £140 to £180 per day
Contract Type: Fixed Term (Summer Term)
Location: Tower Hamlets
GSL Education are looking for a KS-5 SEN Teacher with experience in complex needs and autism, non-verbal and challenging behaviour, for one of our client schools located in Tower Hamlets. The systems and structures are well set up and there is a clear curriculum pathway to follow. There are 5 staff members to help support the group of 8 students.
The school needs to meet the teacher and then for them to come and teach a lesson if they are interested. The lesson would work best if it is practical and aimed at a young primary level. The students are P6 and need visuals to support their understanding.
The candidates must be aware that the class is operating at P5 and are 6th form. There are 9 students and 3 have significant behaviours. They need really organised structured teaching and firm boundaries. They need an experienced teacher who understands the needs of non-verbal young adults.
As a SEN teacher, you'll need to:
- Teach either individuals or small groups of pupils within, or outside the class
- Prepare lessons and resources
- Mark and assess work
- Develop and adapt conventional teaching methods to meet the individual needs of pupils
- Use special equipment and facilities, such as audiovisual materials and computers to stimulate interest in learning
- Have experience in complex needs and autism, non-verbal and challenging behaviour
- Work closely with parents and guardians
- Organise learning outside the classroom in activities such as community visits, school outings or sporting events
- Bachelor of Education (BEd)
- BA or BSc with QTS
- Postgraduate Certificate of Education (PGCE)
- This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
- You must have the legal right to work in the UK
What we can offer:
- Excellent pay rates to match your scale & current market rate
- A dedicated consultant to offer you full ongoing support in your new role
- Regular job reviews to ensure you are completely happy with your new role, team & environment
- On-going career support & advice
- Continual knowledge on the ever-changing education sector
GSL Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All candidates will be subject to strict recruitment and vetting processes and required to have an enhanced DBS check (unless you already have a valid DBS registered on the update service).
If you are an ambitious SEN Teacher looking for a new and exciting challenge, please contact Hinal at GSL Education.