Job descriptionBehaviour Support Assistant
Location: Hull and surrounding areas
Start date: As soon as possible / Easter 2021
Sector: Primary/Secondary Behaviour
Pay Rates: £65 – £75 per day
GSL Education Hull is actively seeking to employ individuals who would like to become academic, social, behavioural, and emotional support assistants. As a Support Assistant, you will be working either 1:1 or in small groups of students who are at risk of or have been excluded from mainstream education. You will need to be able to work 3 - 5 days a week during school hours, but also flexible to attend meetings with outside agencies after school hours if required.
This position is on a supply basis for GSL Education’s newly opened Hull office.
- To support the work of the school and develop an in-depth understanding of the work they do, in-line with their aims and ethos.
- To support children in their participation of a number of activity groups for children with special educational needs, mainly Social, Emotional and Mental Health issues.
- To aid in the implementation of 1:1 behavioural intervention programmes to children with Autism, other developmental delays, or Special Educational Needs.
- To receive training from GSL Education Hull in order to lead classes as a Cover Supervisor and to benefit from in-house training from the School.
- Observe, work with and record student’s behaviour.
- To follow session plans.
- Be committed to maintaining an excellent standard of educational support.
- To act professionally at all times.
In return, you can expect to develop an understanding of the school’s ethos, the work we do and the field of child psychology. You can also gain a better understanding of a range of developmental needs, perfect for those of you looking for experience within child psychology.
Candidates must have a clean Child Only DBS that is registered to the Update Service or be willing to apply for one through GSL Education and have similar experience.
To apply, please register your details and send in an updated CV via the application link, or for more information contact Kerry Fowler at GSL Education Hull.