Job descriptionSpecial Needs Teaching Assistants- South Leicester
GSL Education are currently working with a fantastic SEN School in and around South Leicester, The school caters for students secondary age and above with a range of disabilities from physical and learning.
All roles are FULL-TIME TEMP – PERMANENT and starting ASAP
Your daily responsibilities will include:
- Acting as a positive role model and managing behaviour
- Providing 1:1 and small group Maths, English, Science and some vocational subjects
- Ensuring a safe learning environment and approaching education with a child centred approach.
- Support pupils to make good academic progress, under the direction of the teacher
- Set challenging and demanding expectations and promote self-esteem and independence
- Under the direction of a teacher implement group or 1:1 interventions to support pupils who have emotional or social barriers to learning
- Establish constructive relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and setting high expectations
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils
- Provide feedback to pupils in relation to progress and achievement under guidance of the teacher
- Understand Individual Education Plans & Behaviour Support Plans and assist to implement these, under the guidance of the teacher
· A hard-working, energetic and flexible nature
· Clear communication skills
· A calm, understanding and consistent approach to working with vulnerable people
· Knowledge of a range of disabilities
Own transport is essential
Experienced TAs/LSAs, support workers, security/ children's secure provision practitioners , ex prison service officers, as well as sports coaches will be considered for this role.
The school are looking to interview candidates immediately.
For further information on this role/school, please do not hesitate to contact Jeshma on 0116 4788000 or email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org.