Upper Key Stage 2 Behavioural Support Assistants Required !!!
- Are you experienced in the support of young people with behavioural barriers ?
- Are you reliable , ambitious, pro-active and kind
- Are you confident working across larger groups and 1:1 ?
- Are you a great behaviour manager and rapport builder ?
- Do you have experience with pupils in Upper Primary
- Are you looking for long-term work ?
We are working alongside a setting in North Tyneside that provides short-stay education to young people who are struggling to engage in Mainstream settings. We are looking for experienced Teaching Assistants to join an amazing , friendly and supportive team.
Working as part of a classroom team you will assist in the delivery of a wide-range of academic and activity – based sessions. You may work across a large class group or may deliver set work to small groups under the guidance of a class teacher .
The setting has a clear strategy for re-engagement which includes raising academic outcomes , offering a varied and interesting curriculum and caring for each young person to help improve overall levels of behaviour . The role requires a degree of record keeping so organisational skills are essential
There will also be the opportunity to attend school CPD sessions
Ideally you will have
- NVQ Level 2 or GCSE Equivalent in Maths and English.
- A minimum of 6 months experience of a similar role in an education setting.
- Availability to work 5 days per week - 8.30am to 4.30pm
- In possession of an enhanced DBS or willing to apply for one through GSL Education.
- Great sense of humour, the ability to de-escalate and set appropriate expectations.
- Rapport building skills , underpinned with honesty and care
- Resilience and pro-activity
GSL Education Newcastle offers:
- Excellent rates of pay.
- Direct links to local schools.
- friendly and Pro-active Consultants who will support your employment needs.
- Commitment to quality and safeguarding.