Job descriptionGSL are working for a client in Manchester who is seeking an inspirational and dynamic Year 2 teacher to be a part of their committed and successful team. This role is to start as soon as possible and can lead to a permanent position for the right person.
In order to be successful, you will:
· Be a leader of learning who has high expectations of every child
· Provide a carefully structured and thorough education experience which enables pupils to achieve their academic and personal potential
· Ensure a caring, healthy, and happy classroom which generates high moral standards, self-discipline, emotional and spiritual development.
· Promote the development and effective delivery of the National Curriculum and maximise each child’s potential to achieve
· You will be responsible for the supervision of the work of support staff assigned to your classroom
· The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and implementation of an engaging, accessible, and relevant curriculum
· You will also have responsibility for the pastoral care and safeguarding of the children within your class
You must be able to plan your teaching to ensure progression for each child, differentiation will be key to achieve the desired results for both yourself and your pupils.
ü Have recent Key Stage 1 experience with evidence of good or outstanding teaching
ü Qualified Teacher Status
ü A Level passes in 2 subjects
ü Training in Teaching Phonics
ü Provide effectively for the individual needs of all children
ü Ability to monitor, assess, record and report on pupil’s progress in Key Stage 1
Due to the ever-changing needs of schools and the current climate, the job description may be subject to change, if so, this will be addressed by the headteacher.
To apply for the role, you will:
· Hold a full and valid DBS registered with the update service, or be prepared to apply for a new one
· Be able to provide references (Work or University based) covering the last two years To apply for the role please send CV to email@example.com or call on 0161 537 6500 for more details.
GSL Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All our roles are subject to the relevant checks and procedures.