Job descriptionWe are recruiting for Exceptional Support Assistants to support some exceptional young people !
Based at a well regarded SEMH setting in Newcastle city we require confident and capable professionals to assist with a range of young people with significant barriers to learning.
The role is varied ! You will be responsible for one young person throughout the school day. Many of the students have a reluctance to attend school so you may go to the home or care setting to deliver lesson material. The ultimate aim is to encourage learning in school so the majority of your day will be in school doing lessons and activities.
Our ideal candidates will have the following
- Experience supporting young people in a SEMH setting or the desire to support this group
- A DBS on the update service or a willingness to do an immediate application
- A full clean driving licence and use of a fully insured vehicle
- The ability to build rapport instantly
- Great behaviour management skills
- A good level of academic ability
- Kindness, calm under pressure and resilience
- The ability to communicate with a wide range of parents/ carers and social workers where required
- A commitment to improving the outcomes of young people
The roles are all expected to be on-going
GSL Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All our roles are subject to relevant checks and procedures. Our advertised teaching roles relate to real vacancies that exist at our client schools.