Support Staff || Slough
Role: Learning Mentor
Salary: £60-£75 per day
Start Date: ASAP
Contract: Temporary to Permanent
Do you have experience of working with pupils in a primary mainstream setting?
- Are you a bubbly character with the spontaneity and experience to adapt to situations as they arise?
- Are you a highly motivated and flexible Teaching Assistant or Learning Mentor?
- Are you keen to make a difference and help children who have complex, additional needs?
- Can you provide practical assistance to staff?
- Can you cater for the personal welfare and educational needs of children?
If you’ve answered ‘yes’ to all these questions, then it sounds like it could be an ideal fit!
GSL Education is currently looking to appoint a Learning Mentor with varying experience and skills in Slough to support our client schools. The appointed candidates will be responsible for supporting children in a mainstream primary school. You will be directed by the Class Teacher and help deliver specific tasks and activities in a way to enhance the learning of those in your care. The successful candidate must take pride in the achievement of every child is made. The ability to control behavior management and be able to deescalate any arising situations is essential. Our client schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff to share this commitment.
- Must possess strong communication skills, an understanding of surrounding and differentiation the importance for all pupils regardless of ability/needs
- Can work independently when delivering planned learning experiences for our children, adapting where appropriate and taking account of progress
- Safeguarding training would be an advantage
- An enhanced DBS Certificate
- Outstanding knowledge and understanding of the UK National Curriculum
- Be able to provide 2 recent teaching references
- Patient, focused, and organised particularly in keeping records of children’s progress
GSL Education offers:
- Excellent rates of pay
- Direct links to local schools
- Dedicated Consultants who will support your employment needs
- Commitment to quality and safeguarding
- On-site parking facility
GSL Education is an ethical, independent recruitment agency serving teachers and support staff across Watford.
We welcome applications from all the interested candidates, who feel that they can add value to this school and can prosper in a highly effective, fast-paced environment. Candidates wishing to apply are requested to forward a copy of their CV to Safirul Karim, as soon as possible.
Candidate Support Officer
1st Floor, Building 2 Croxley Business Park,
Watford, Hertfordshire, WD18 8YA
T: 01923 954 070
M: 07581 139 367