Teaching Assistant Jobs || Newham
Behaviour Support Teaching Assistant
Role: Behaviour Support Teaching Assistant
Salary: £75 - £90 per day
Start Date: September 2020
Contract: Temporary to Permanent
We are looking for a secondary Behaviour Support Teaching Assistant with strong strong academic background for one of our client schools located in Newham. This will be a temp to perm role, starting from September 2020.
The potential candidate is poised to assist for Secondary Age children to support with challenging behaviour, ADHD, Youth Offenders, Looked after Children and Mental Health. The school follows a creative curriculum and is ambitious for its pupils, transforming their lives and enabling them to become independent adults capable of contributing positively to the local community. The curriculum is designed to help young people to overcome their difficulties in communication, social interaction, and imagination.
The applicant is required to have the following:
- Experience working with challenging behaviour (physically, emotionally and mentally challenging behaviour)
- Team Teach Trained- Desired but not necessary
- Should have own car and valid drivers license
- Proven to raise and maintain attainment levels, keeping standards high
- Demonstrate good communication and interpersonal skills with a creative mind who can assist the teacher in developing a better curriculum
- Possess an up-to-date Enhanced DBS on the Update Service- If you don’t have one we can help you apply for one
GSL Education is an ethical, independent recruitment agency serving Teachers across Greater London. Our advertised teaching roles relate to real vacancies that exist at our client Schools.
Candidates wishing to apply are requested to contact Taryn at GSL Education.
Taryn van der Merwe
Senior Education Consultant (Secondary Desk)
15 Cotton's Gardens, Shoreditch, London E2 8DN
T: 020 7739 2211
F: 020 7739 5123