Teaching Assistant Jobs || Haringey
Job Title: HLTA
Location: Haringey, North London
Start Date: September 2020
Salary: £80 - £120 per day
Contract Type: Permanent
GSL Education is currently looking for a passionate and experienced HLTA to join a high-achieving and dynamic mixed secondary school located in Haringey, North London. This is a permanent role starting ASAP, or as soon as the candidate’s notice has been served if in a current permanent role.
The school believes in providing the best possible support to enable all pupils to achieve their full potential. The school endeavour to provide an environment where all pupils, including those with SEND are able to access a broad, balanced and challenging curriculum.
The school has dedicated and passionate staff work hard to ensure that all children are given every opportunity to become successful, confident and happy learners so that they will look back on their years at the school with pride and a sense of achievement, wherever their talents lie.
The school is looking for a dedicated HLTA who is able to support students with autism and complex needs. They would also ideally love someone who has recent First Aid training and training with epilepsy/Bucal.
Ideally, you need to have:
- Graduated with a degree
- Completed HLTA Level qualification
- Experience with SEN/EAL/ELD students
- Have high levels of literacy and numeracy
- Have experience supporting students in the secondary school environment
- Eligibility to live and work in the UK
- The desire and motivation to meet the challenge of working with children with SEN
- Ability to develop an understanding of the educational, welfare and social needs of the child with whom you are supporting
- Ability to stay calm and objective when presented with unusual or challenging behaviour
- Capability to relate exceptionally well with children and to go that extra mile to help them achieve
The school offers:
- Excellent pay rates
- A welcoming, vibrant and inclusive school community
- Dedicated and passionate support staff
- Excellent career development opportunities
GSL Education is an ethical, independent recruitment agency serving teachers across Greater London. Our advertised teaching roles relate to real vacancies that exist in our client Schools.
We welcome applications from all SEN HLTAs who feel that they can add value to this school and whom can prosper in a highly effective, fast-paced environment.
Candidates wishing to apply are requested to forward a copy of their CV to our Education Consultant, Craig Mitchell as soon as possible.
Senior Education Consultant
15 Cotton's Gardens, Shoreditch, London E2 8DN
T: 020 7739 2211
F: 020 7739 5123
M : 07377720936