Teaching Assistant Jobs || Haringey
Start Date: September 2020
Salary: £70-£80 per day
Location: Haringey, North London
GSL Education is currently seeking to appoint a SEN LSA to undertake a position at one of our secondary schools in Haringey.
The role is at a mixed secondary school in the borough of Haringey where employees are valued and developed.The school has a team of dedicated teaching and support staff who are committed to ensuring all students reach their full potential.
The school aims to develop cheerful, hardworking, honest and well behaved young adults. The school strives to enhance the work life balance of its teachers and staff and also offers many professional development opportunities. The school has been graded as “Good” by OFSTED in a recent inspection.
The right candidate will be responsible for assisting the teacher in planning and delivering class activities, supporting and working with individuals and small groups on specific activities, contributing to the management of pupil behavior and assisting the teacher to prepare the classroom including materials and equipment.
- Experience delivering specialist interventions with autistic pupils.
- Exceptional communicators and strong team-players.
- Able to fit in well with the supportive staff-team at the school.
- A pro-active and enthusiastic teaching assistant who can bring to the post lots of ideas and a passion for working with SEN students.
- Previous experience working with autism is essential for this role.
- Eligibility to live and work in the UK.
- The desire and motivation to meet the challenge of working with children with Special Needs (SEN).
- Ability to stay calm and objective when presented with unusual or challenging behavior.
The school offers:
- A large and well-resourced provision
- A welcoming, vibrant and inclusive school community
- Dedicated and passionate support staff
- Excellent career development opportunities
GSL Education is an ethical, independent recruitment agency serving teachers across Greater London. Our advertised teaching roles relate to real vacancies that exist at our client schools.
For more information on the role, school and how to apply, please contact Craig Mitchell at GSL Education
Senior Education Consultant
15 Cotton's Gardens, Shoreditch, London E2 8DN
T: 020 7739 2211
F: 020 7739 5123
M : 07377720936