Support Staff || Kent
School DT Technician Required
Role: School DT Technician Required
Salary: £60-£70 per day
Start Date: Immediately
Contract: Long-Term Potentially Permanent
GSL Education is seeking an enthusiastic and qualified DT Technician for a well-reputed school in East Kent. The role is due to start immediately until Summer 2020. Interested individuals should be able to carry out DT technician responsibilities.
The DT Technician post requires providing assistance to teaching staff in giving students a relevant and effective Design & Technology experience and ensure high levels of achievement. The individual should be able support the development and delivery of Computer Aided Design & Manufacture in D&T.
The school has an engaging DT department that pursues constant innovation and excellence, reflected by the strong academic grades of the pupils. Staffs enjoy free parking, lunch and good opportunities for career progression.
- Operates on strong pastoral values, is committed to providing the maximum learning opportunities for students and facilities to teachers for delivering effective lectures
- Offers DT to Years 6-13 with fully-equipped workshops.
- Tailored practical projects ensure that pupils develop vital practical skills and manual dexterity.
The deserving candidate must have:
- Demonstrate recent experience as a DT Technician within a Design technology department
- Have experience of working with children in a school setting
- Possess appropriate certificates for pillar drill, circular saw and bandsaw
- Have knowledge of COSHH and ESCC regulations in relation to the safe handling and storage of chemicals
- Have knowledge of Health and Safety Legislation
- Have knowledge of safe working practices in relation to the handling and use of hazardous equipment and tools
- Be able to use ICT (CAD / CAM) in a classroom setting
- Demonstrate experience in the set-up, use of maintenance of a range of CAM equipment including laser cutters, 3D printers, sublimation printers and vinyl cutters
- Be an enthusiastic, highly motivated individual who leads by example.
- Demonstrate good communication and interpersonal skills.
GSL offers equal opportunities to applicants from all members of the community. If you would like to seize this opportunity to inspire, motivate, learn and nurture D&T studies among the younger generation, please send your CV to GSL Education ASAP!
Kent Branch Manager
Unit 83, Canterbury Innovation Centre, University Road
Canterbury, CT2 7FG
T: 01227 937 181