Senior Leadership Jobs || Kent
Head/Deputy Head of English : East Kent!
GSL Education calls upon applications for the position of a Head/Deputy Head in the English Department at a school located in East Kent. The successful candidate will know how to strategically lead the department and provide a healthy and nurturing environment for pupils. The appointment begins after Christmas and will continue up to July 2019.
* A specialist school maintaining high standards of performance where students are passionate to learn and thrive in a challenging environment
* Students are encouraged to be dynamic and have an impact in their future life through involvement in extracurricular activities and community work beyond classrooms
* Both teachers and parents collaborate to have a better understanding of how students develop and commit to ensure they are nurtured to become adaptable, well-mannered and reliable individuals
* Headed by a strong leadership team who build confidence and foster encouragement, communication and mutual respect among staff and students
* Should hold a valid teaching qualification in English: namely a B.Ed./ BA in English or a PGCE with QTS status
* Must demonstrate prior leadership roles in a school setting
* Strong interpersonal communication skills
* Ability to develop teaching standards, boost staff morale, and keep abreast of the latest developments in the curriculum
* Manage resources, staff and ensure quality assurance
* Possess an enhanced DBS on the update service or be willing to pay for a new one
GSL Education is an ethical teacher and support staff agency who welcome all members of the community to join us. Our foundations are based in charitable work in the UK and abroad and we seek to make a difference to the lives of teaching and learning practitioners as well as our client schools cross the UK.