Job descriptionSports Coach- Sports Behaviour Mentor – Leicester City
£85- 100 a day (Dependant on experience and responsibilities given)
Are you a Sports Coach who is now looking to increase your work hours?
Have you got experience managing Challenging Behaviour?
Have you considered using Sports as a method to encourage classroom and outdoor learning?
This to initially start on a temporary basis and is to become permanent for the right candidate.
This is a vibrant and inclusive school which caters for children and young people (age 3-11) with various SEN including SEMH, Attachment Disorder, Autism, ADHD, Aggression and those from LAC backgrounds.
Your role will involve supporting the class teacher and multi agency teams devise learning and care plans and to encourage the child/ young person to reach their full potential.
You will be required to set clear boundaries and manage triggers of challenging behaviour whilst supporting the child academically, emotionally and socially.
The ideal candidate:
- Experience working within an Education setting is not required, however experience working with young people within a support setting is desired.
- Experience working with Challenging Behaviour within an Education, Secure, Residential or Support Setting
- The ideal candidate will have a background in either of the following: Challenging SEN Provisions, Youth/ Community/ Social services, Residential Support, or Mental Health Support Services (including CRISIS or Suicide prevention)
- Ideally Team Teach, Mappa, Nappi or Pillars Trained (Desired but not necessary)
- Would have a Clear Enhanced DBS registered to the update service (we can provide you with details on how to start a new application)
- Will be able to provide a full career history and 2 referees.