Job descriptionSEN Teaching Assistant - Collyhurst
Start Date: January 2024 (or earlier - until the end of academic year)
Salary: £1600 - £1800 PCM
Role: Long term
Monday - Friday, Term time only 08:00 - 15:00 or 08:15 - 15:15
Are you a committed Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant searching for a new role?
If so, then GSL Education are currently recruiting SEN Teaching Assistants for client schools across Manchester. If you are passionate about working with young students with Special Educational Needs, consider becoming part of our welcoming and supportive schools.
Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant Responsibilities
AS a Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant, your roles may include, but not be limited to:
- Supporting individual SEN students on a 1:1 basis in the classroom
- Liaising with the SENCO/Inclusion manager to deliver SEN provision
- Developing social and emotional skills of students based on their individual needs
- Working with teachers to monitor progress of students
- Assisting students who require help with physical care
- A Teaching Assistant qualification (e.g. CACHE Level 1, 2 or 3)
- Proper understanding on how to support the inclusion and progress of students with emotional and behavioural needs
- The desire and motivation to meet the challenge of working with children with SEN
- The ability to remain patient and calm in stressful environments
To work with GSL Education as a Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant, you should:
- Must have the right to work in the UK
- Have at least 6 months experience in an educational setting, or the health care sector
- Have a DBS registered to the update service or be happy to apply for one
- Two years’ work experience in the UK
- No Visa sponsorships available.
- Must have relevant qualifications or equivalent experience workings with children and young people.
GSL Education are an independent and ethical recruitment provider, supporting schools in the Greater Manchester area with their recruitment needs.
Please be advised that this role requires a strong knowledge and understanding of safeguarding and child protection and that successful applicants must satisfy all background safer recruitment checks including an enhanced DBS on the update service.
For more information or to register your interest for the position of SEN Teaching Assistant , please click ‘apply now’ to submit your up-to-date CV, and one of our dedicated consultants, will be in touch.