Job descriptionJob Title: Behavior Support Mentor
Contract Type: Full-time, Long term
Salary: £1600 - £1800 a month
Starting date: ASAP
Are you passionate about helping children who have Special Needs?
Are you looking for new opportunities in Education?
If you are, then we have the perfect opportunity for you!
We have an exciting opportunity for a confident, enthusiastic individual with a passion for learning and excellent interpersonal skills to work as a Behaviour Support Mentor, supporting children who have speech, language and communication difficulties. You must have a solid understanding of SEN, mainly Autism and SEMH.
As a Behaviour Support Mentor, You Will Be Expected To
- Attend to well-being of pupils and offer support to individual students in small and large groups
- Have a solid SEN background - ASD, ADHD and SEN experience.
- Work collaboratively with teachers to ensure students are appropriately supported.
- Prepare learning activities for individual’s groups and for classes
- Undertake pupil record-keeping as requested.
- Have a good understanding of pupil’s additional needs, to support their learning and development.
- Maintain a safe and positive environment for all students
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils
- Be an effective member of the school community, contributing to all aspects of support within school.
- Must have right to work in the UK
- Must meet GSL’s safer recruitment background checks
- Must have a Child Enhanced DBS check or be willing to apply for one
- Must be committed to safeguardingMust be adaptable, enthusiastic and enjoy working with young people of all backgrounds
- Must have previous experience working with children and young people within similar setting.
About the role:
- Working for a welcoming specialist provision based just outside the city center. Full time role until the end of the academic year.
Please be advised that this role requires a strong knowledge and understanding of safeguarding and child protection and that successful applicants must satisfy all background safer recruitment checks including an enhanced DBS on the update service.
For more information or to be considered for this role, please click ‘apply’ and submit a full (10 year), up-to-date CV and one of our dedicated consultants will be in touch.
If you would like regular work as Behaviour Support Mentor, please contact Lieza at the GSL Education Manchester office to find out more information with a view to registering for this role ASAP.