Are you an efficient and organised individual ready to make a vital contribution to the administrative operations of a busy Secondary School in Newcastle ?
Do you work well in an organised and fast paced environment?
Are you pro-active and able to manage multiple tasks ?
Are you helpful and customer focused ?
Can you commit to working long -term - with school holidays off ?
This is a great opportunity to be part of a dedicated team committed to providing exceptional Administrative and reception services to the public, pupils and the wider school community. The role is Monday to Friday 8am – 4.30pm. There is a strong possibility that this role could become permanent.
The school is a well regarded community Secondary - easy to reach by car or Public Transport .
The role of a school admin officer requires you to have:
- Previous experience in an administrative role is essential
- Proficiency in using the School Information Management System (SIMS) is desirable BUT NOT essential
- Strong organisational and multitasking skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- School based administrative experience
- Great telephone manner
- Good It Skills – able to confidently make and receive calls
- A fully checkable work history
- An enhanced DBS on the update service OR the willingness to complete an immediate application
- Confidence in face to face Interactions
- Good Team working skills
At GSL we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All our roles are subject to relevant checks and procedures. Our advertised teaching roles relate to real vacancies that exist at our client schools. We offer competitive salaries, paid bi-weekly and a great candidate experience including regular contact from our team and a huge commitment for finding work that you want.
In addition to that, we are currently offering £100 for the successful referral of either Teachers or Teaching Assistants.
For further information about this exciting opportunity or to submit your application, please contact Sarah Elliott at GSL Education