Job descriptionPrimary Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA)
Location: York, North Yorkshire
Salary: £75.00 - £90.00 per day
Start Date: September 2023
GSL Education are seeking a Higher Level Teaching Assistant to work at Primary schools in York, North Yorkshire. This is a mixed position that involves working with class teachers to ensure that lessons are delivered in accordance with students' individualized learning goals and carrying out pre-planned lessons in class teacher’s absence.
Ideal HLTA requirements:
- Building relationships and establishing rapport with young people aged between 4 and 19 years old.
- A passion to working with young people to ensure barriers to learning are overcome.
- Working with class teachers, other support staff and the senior leadership team to provide the best educational, emotional, and social support that you can.
- Confident in the delivery of pre-planned lessons and interventions.
- The ability to manage behaviour in-line with school policy.
- To work with GSL Education as a Higher Level Teaching Assistant, you must hold the Right to Work in the UK.
- You should have a relevant childcare or education-based qualification, at a minimum of Level 4.
- Hold a Child only DBS registered to the update service or be willing to apply for one through GSL Education.
For more information, or to apply for the position, please send your CV to Daniel Molkenthin or call our Hull office today. Alternatively, please visit GSL Education website to apply online, or submit your up-to-date CV via the application link. We look forward to hearing from you!