Job descriptionEarly Years Practitioner
Location: York, North Yorkshire
Start Date: September 2023
Salary: £70.00 – £90.00 per day
GSL Education’s North Yorkshire branch is currently looking to appoint an exceptional and qualified Early Years Practitioner for a September 2023 start. Successful candidate will be working within a Special Educational Needs, supporting young children from aged 2 years.
Early Years Practitioner Requirements:
- Level 2 or Level 3 qualification in Childcare, Early Years or similar.
- 3 months experience working within an Early Years or Nursery setting within the last 2 years.
- Be knowledgeable of the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum, principles, and practice.
- Knowledge and experience of record keeping and tracking progress of children.
- Experience or understanding of behaviours linked to additional needs.
- A Child Only DBS registered to them Update Service or be willing to apply for one through GSL Education.
- To work with the class teacher to facilitate the learning of early years children within a special educational needs school.
- To assist in the delivery of play-based learning activities, which contribute to the overall learning and development of children.
- Support children on a 1:1 and small group basis.
- Establish rapport and respectful, trusting relationships and communicate effectively with children and their families and carers.
- Provide academic, emotional, and physical support to pupils where appropriate, including the delivery of personal care where appropriate.
- Hold a Child Only DBS registered to the update service or be willing to apply for one with GSL Education
GSL Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
If you would like to apply for the position of Early Years Practitioner in York, North Yorkshire, please call Daniel Molkenthin at GSL Education and submit your up-to-date CV via the application link. Alternatively, please visit GSL Education official website to apply online.