Job descriptionPMLD Teaching Assistant
Salary: £75-£90 per day
Start Date: Immediately
GSL Education are looking to recruit PMLD Teaching Assistant to work with a selection of Special Educational Needs School clients based in Camden starting Immediately. If you have previous experience within education or working closely with people with Special Educational Needs Disorders (SEND) and/or Learning Disabilities this could be an excellent opportunity for you!
Education experience or relevant Qualifications are preferred but not essential. Working as a PMLD Teaching Assistant will help you gain full SEN experience and allows you to make a positive impact on young people’s lives.
· Supporting children that have special needs including Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Emotional Behaviour Disorder (EBD), Profound Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD), and/or Social Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH)
· You will work closely alongside the teacher to offer classroom support, managing resources and helping with lunches.
· You may work closely on a 1-1 or small group basis with a particular child with SEN to support them with their learning and development.
· Incredibly rewarding line of work as you see what a difference you are making to a child!
· You will be responsible for implementing school policies and procedures, including those relating to safeguarding
· Your duties are likely to vary therefore you will need to be flexible and able to assist whenever required.
· Must have right to work in the UK
· Must meet GSL’s safer recruitment background checks
· Must have a Child Enhanced DBS check or be willing to apply for one
· Must be committed to safeguarding
· Must be adaptable, enthusiastic and enjoy working with young people of all backgrounds
GSL Education offers:
· Excellent rates of pay
· Direct links to local schools
· Dedicated Consultants who will support your employment needs
· Committed to providing an exceptional standard of support to candidates and client schools
Please be advised that this role requires a strong knowledge and understanding of safeguarding and child protection and that successful applicants must satisfy all background safer recruitment checks including an enhanced DBS on the update service.
If you would like regular work as a PMLD Teaching Assistant, please contact Alex Harland or apply at www.gsleducation.com