Job descriptionRole: SEN Teaching Assistant
Location: Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire
Salary: £70-£90 Per Day
Start Date: October 2022
Are you a caring and passionate SEN Teaching Assistant? Are you committed to helping students develop their abilities?
GSL Education are currently recruiting enthusiastic SEN Teaching Assistants for client schools located in Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire.
Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant responsibilities:
AS a Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant, your roles may include, but not be limited to:
- Supporting individual SEN students on a 1:1 basis in the classroom
- Liaising with the SENCO/Inclusion manager to deliver SEN provision
- Developing social and emotional skills of students based on their individual needs
- Working with teachers to monitor progress of students
- Assisting students who require help with physical care
- A Teaching Assistant qualification (e.g. CACHE Level 1, 2 or 3)
- Proper understanding on how to support the inclusion and progress of students with emotional and behavioural needs
- The desire and motivation to meet the challenge of working with children with SEN
- The ability to remain patient and calm in stressful environments
To work with GSL Education as a Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant, you should:
- Have the right to work in the UK
- Have at least 6 months experience in an educational setting, or the health care sector
- Have a DBS registered to the update service or be happy to apply for one
GSL Education are an independent and ethical recruitment provider, supporting schools in the Lincolnshire area with their recruitment needs.
Please be advised that this role requires a strong knowledge and understanding of safeguarding and child protection and that successful applicants must satisfy all background safer recruitment checks including an enhanced DBS on the update service.
For more information or to register your interest for the position of SEN Teaching Assistant in Hull, please click ‘apply now’ to submit your up-to-date CV, and one of our dedicated consultants, will be in touch.