Job descriptionDesign and Technology
Location: West Kent
Salary: £90-£200 per day
Start Date: September
GSL Education are looking to appoint a dedicated Design and Technology teacher with expertise on Resistant Material to teach students about computer-aided design and mechanical systems at a dynamic school located in West Kent. The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate excellent subject knowledge and make the experience of learning Design and Technology engaging through both practical and theory lessons.
The Design and Technology teacher vacancy is a short-term role commencing in September.
The school aims to provide the highest standards of teaching to ensure that their pupils have the ambition to fulfil their maximum potential and become good citizens of the future.
As a Design and Technology teacher, you will be expected to:
- Aid students develop a wide set of skills in Design and Technology
- Encourage all learners to achieve their highest potential on the topic
- Research new topic areas and maintain up-to-date subject knowledge
- Mold students into problem solving individuals with a broad range of practical skills
- Experienced or an Early Career Teacher (ECT) on the subject of Design and Technology with relevant skills
- Capable of practicing varied schemes of teaching
- Able to encourage and ensure all pupils progress well within the classroom
- Familiar with safe working practices using relevant tools, equipment and materials
To be eligible for any role with GSL Education you must:
- Hold the Right to Work in the UK.
- Possess an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online Update Service or be willing to process a new application.
If you are interested in this role or are the right candidate, please get in touch by applying or contacting the GSL Kent office.
Please be advised that this role requires a strong knowledge and understanding of safeguarding and child protection and that successful applicants must satisfy all background safer recruitment checks including an enhanced DBS on the update service.
GSL Education are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.