Job descriptionRole: Cover supervisor
Salary: £70 – £90 per day
Start Date: Immediately
Contract: Full Time
Do you have the experience of dealing with challenging behaviour in the classroom?
Does the role of a cover supervisor excite you?
Can you lead the class when the teachers are away.
GSL Education is looking for outstanding cover supervisors to assist in the raising of standards and achievement of the school overall by supporting student learning in lessons where the assigned class teacher is absent.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To be responsible for the supervision, care and safety of classes where the assigned teacher /tutor is absent
- To maintain good order and standards of behaviour which are conducive to completion of the work set, following school policy and procedure where students’ behaviour fails to meet expected standards
- To communicate the work set for the lesson to students and any homework to be completed
- To assist students with understanding in the tasks set where needed and ensuring work is collected as instructed by the teacher / subject leader
- To take a register of students in the lesson
- To manage resources made available for the purpose of the lesson
- To supervise school property, equipment and resources, ensuring they are returned to their rightful place at the end of a lesson
- To develop productive relationships with students, acting as a role model and setting high expectations
- To promote the inclusion and acceptance of all students within the classroom
- To support students consistently whilst recognizing and responding to students’ individual needs
- To encourage students to interact and work cooperatively with others and engage all students in activities
- To promote independence and employ strategies to recognise independence and self-reliance
- To provide feedback to students regarding progress and achievement
- To complete the Cover Supervisor Feedback form for the class teacher/Subject Leader
- To assist class teachers in the role of Learning Support Assistant in lessons where you are not required to cover for absent colleagues
- Ability to relate to and manage the behaviour of young people aged 11-16
- A good general standard of education (the equivalent of at least 5 or more A*-C/9-4 grades in
- Maintain an up to date, detailed knowledge of strategies for managing the behaviour of
- Maintain an up to date knowledge and awareness of school policies and procedures, especially
GSL Education offers:
- Excellent rates of pay.
- Direct links to local schools.
- Dedicated Consultants who will cater for your employment needs.
- Commitment to quality and safeguarding.
- 24/7 support for interview and lesson observation preparation
- Opportunities to collaborate with outstanding and dynamic teaching professionals
- Access to various discounts for a small monthly fee
- £100 amazon gift voucher for referring the right candidate who will work through us
- An employee assistance programme
GSL Education is an ethical, independent recruitment agency which aims to provide quality teaching and support staff in schools throughout Greater London. All of our current adverts apply to real vacancies.
For more information or to be considered for this role, please click ‘apply’ and submit a full (10 year), up-to-date CV and one of our dedicated consultants will be in touch.