Job descriptionJob description
Job Title: Primary SEN Teaching Assistant
Location: United Kingdom, Leicester
Start date: As soon as possible
Salary range: £65 - £85 per day
Nature of Employment: Contract (Full Time)
GSL Education is looking for passionate and motivated Primary SEN Teaching Assistant to support young learners in various SEN school settings based in Leicester. This is a full-time position that should start as soon as possible.
You will be working with a team of dedicated professionals to provide personalised and specific support for young people who have additional requirements in terms of Academic and Communicative development. You will need knowledge of complex behaviours linked to Autism, Mental Health Needs and Learning Difficulties to assist SEN students on a 1:1 basis with comprehending lessons and regular engagement in the classroom, while monitoring their progress and reporting to the class teacher at the same time. This role would suit someone with prior experience working with SEN children.
- Prior experience working with SEN learners.
- A clean and relevant DBS (Can be obtained through us if required).
- Knowledge on Behavioural management techniques
- A committed and enthusiastic attitude to work.
- A confident, outgoing and positive individual with a passion for helping others.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to form new relationships.
- Previous experience working in primary schools is preferred.
- Safeguarding certificate
- Good knowledge of different forms of SEN.
- Degree in Psychology will get preference.
What is on offer:
- Competitive pay rates.
- Chance to work in a warm, active, and inclusive school community.
- Committed and enthusiastic support staff.
- Excellent prospects for advancement in career.
Please submit your CV today or contact Judith (firstname.lastname@example.org) on GSL Education.