Job descriptionSupply Teacher
Salary: £120 – £140 per day
Start Date: January 2022 or sooner
Location: Pocklington, York, North Yorkshire
GSL Education Hull and Yorkshire is currently recruiting for a number of Supply Teachers to work within a client secondary school in Pocklington, York, North Yorkshire from January 2022. Newly Qualified Teachers and Early Career Teachers are welcome to apply. Working with GSL Education will offer you the flexibility to work to your own schedule, whether this be full-time or part-time, and gain knowledge of local Schools. As a Supply Teacher, the work will be planned to ensure pupils progress and effective classroom management will be key to ensuring pupils complete all tasks within the lesson. A flexible approach and use of initiative will be necessary as you may be expected to cover subjects outside of your specialism.
To be successful, you must:
- Have worked in a classroom within the last 2 years and be able to provide references (placements will be accepted for NQTs and ECTs).
- Be a qualified Teacher with UK Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
- Be able to quickly engage and build rapport with pupils.
- Be a confident behaviour manager.
- Be an enthusiastic and highly motivated educator who leads by example.
- Have an Enhanced Child Workforce DBS certificate registered to the update service or be happy to apply for one through GSL Education. DBS sponsorship is available for this position.
GSL Education offers:
- Competitive rates of pay.
- Direct links to local schools.
- Dedicated Consultants who will cater for your employment needs.
- Commitment to quality and safeguarding.
- 24/7 support for interview and lesson observation preparation.