Job descriptionJob Title: Teaching Assistant
Salary £65-£85 per day
Start Date: Immediately
GSL Education Newcastle are recruiting on behalf of a dynamic setting with a provision in Gateshead and require Teaching Assistants with experience supporting Post 16 learners with substantial barriers. The provision provides a stimulating, safe and innovative learning environment for post 16/ adult learners with a diverse range of learning, emotional, behavioural and physical disabilities.
They aim to provide a personalised approach to learning which encourages ,building confidence, enabling communication, fulfilling aspirations and promoting individual choice. Learners do a full range of enrichment and activity sessions and we require calm, kind and patient professional assistants to support and nurture.
The school day is 8.30am to 3.30pm and we have a range of shifts available from single days to 5 days long term. Working days are Monday to Friday – term time only. Positions will commence immediately upon completion of vetting checks.
In order to apply we ask that you can satisfy the following:
- Experience working within an SEN or care setting with any age group and a desire to support in Post 16
- Good level of academic ability
- An enhanced DBS on the update service – or be willing to apply for one ASAP
- Availability for at least 3 full days per week
- A kind and caring nature with the ability to support vulnerable learners in a professional manner
- Big work ethic and commitment
- The ability to work well in a team
- Fantastic organisational skills
GSL Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All our roles are subject to relevant checks and procedures. Our advertised teaching roles relate to real vacancies that exist at our client schools. We also offer, via our partner, access to accredited Education relevant CPD courses.
In addition to that, GSL Education is currently offering £100 for the successful referral of either Teachers or Teaching Assistants.
To applyin the Teaching Assistant role, please call Sarah Elliot or Joshua Dixon at GSL Education and submit your CV. Alternatively, please visit www.gsleducation.com to apply online.