Job descriptionJob Title: Teaching Assistant
Location: York, North Yorkshire
Salary Scale: up to £80 per day*
Start Date: Immediately
GSL Education Hull and Yorkshire is at present looking to appoint a dynamic Teaching Assistant to work across a Special Needs school in York, starting after the October half term.
As a Teaching Assistant, you need to be able to work with small groups of children and young people. You will be working closely with the class teachers to support, motivate and encourage students to reach their full potential.
Our client school holds the motto for ‘Always giving the best’. The school aim for the students to be the best they can be, to flourish academically, develop into responsible, resilient young people who will succeed and make a positive contribution to the community.
Ideal Teaching Assistant candidate will:
- Have prior experience working as a Teaching Assistant.
- Have proven experience supporting students with learning difficulties on various levels.
- Be able to establish meaningful and positive relationships quickly.
- Be supporting pupils inside and outside of the classroom.
- Help pupils to increase their confidence and self-esteem by listening to them and devising appropriate strategies.
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have an enhanced child-only DBS on the update service or be willing to apply for one with GSL Education.
GSL Education is an ethical, independent recruitment agency serving educators and the educational institutions across North Yorkshire.
For more information on the role, or to apply to work with GSL Education as a Teaching Assistant, please call Kerry Fowler and submit your CV via the application link. Alternatively, please visit www.gsleducation.com to apply online.