Job descriptionIntervention Teaching Assistant
Location: Leicester city
Pay scale: £65 - £85 Per Day
Commencing: September 2021
GSL Education is working with a Primary School in Leicester, searching for a Level 3 Teaching Assistant to assist with interventions.
The school is committed to providing its pupils with a rich and varied curriculum, wonderful learning and enrichment opportunities outside of the classroom, and a safe, nurturing space. They want to meet the pupils' unique academic, social and emotional needs so all children are prepared for the next stage of their education and life. It caters to 3 to 11 years old and has nursery classes as well.
Main Duties as an Intervention TA:
- To work with identified pupils and small groups of pupils under the supervision of the teacher and the keeping of up-to-date records of interventions.
- To support individual children using evidenced-based academic interventions and pastoral interventions.
- To increase levels of attainment for disadvantaged children making less than expected progress will receive targeted support.
- Give daily feedback on pupil progress to the class teacher and update supporting documents as and when needed.
- Develop and sustain positive relationships with all pupils, acting as a role model by presenting a positive personal image and responding appropriately to individual needs.
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils.
- Supervise lunchtime provision.
- Attend to pupils' personal needs, including pastoral, social, health, physical hygiene, minor first aid, and welfare matters.
- At least a Level 3 qualification in Supporting and Learning, with previous experience of providing interventions assistance
- A full year supporting with a full class is desirable
- Creative, Passionate and Fun
- Passionate to grow and develop
- Valid DBS registered with the update service, or be prepared to apply for a new one
- Be able to provide references (Work or University based) covering the last two years
- Phonics experience is also desirable, however, training will be given
- Experience in Forest schools will be given preference.
To apply for the role please send your CV to Judith.email@example.com or call Emma on 0116 478 8000 for more details.
GSL Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All our roles are subject to the relevant checks and procedures.