Job descriptionRead Write Inc TAs required! – Coventry
Year 1 Read Write Inc Teaching Assistants required from September 2021
I am currently looking for Read Write Inc Teaching Assistants to work at a 2 Form Entry Primary School in Coventry. With the view for the role to become Permanent- the school require a 1:1 and small group teaching assistant to provide Phonics/ Reading/ Writing intervention sessions outside of the classroom. Initially this will start on a bank/ supply basis. Should they find the right candidate there if potential for this role to become long-term.
This role is to start from September 2021.
Your role will include:
- Supporting low ability/ gifted and talented pupils on a 1:1 and/or small group basis
- Practice and guide children with pronunciation, reading and writing
- Preparing children for Phonics/ Reading/ Writing Assessments
- Assess pupil progress and support the teacher to develop learning targets
- Manage pupil behaviour and ensure that they are on task at all times
- Monitoring pupil behaviours and record any obstacles in the child’s learning.
- The ideal candidate will have experience supporting on a 1:1 and a small group basis.
- Level 3 Teaching Assistant Qualification
- Will be Read Write Inc Trained or Experienced
- Will have experience working across Reception-KS1.
- Will have GCSEs grades A*-C
- Will have school based or personal experience working with low ability/ SEN groups
- Will hold a DBS which is on the Update Service (if you do not have one, you will be able to apply for a new DBS through GSL Education)
- Is willing to work on a Supply Basis and would be happy to go onto a long term contract should to need arise.