Job descriptionSEN Teaching Assistant
Start Date- ASAP
Salary- From £65 -£85
Contract Type- Permanent/ Long Term for the right candidate
GSL Education are currently looking for a passionate and experienced SEN Teaching Assistant to work within one of our partner primary schools located in Leicester. The school is looking for a dedicated SEN teaching assistant that is able to support children with autism and other complex needs.
Our client is a creative and dynamic school with a primary focus to raise the standards of all their children. The school has dedicated and passionate staff work hard to ensure that all children are given every opportunity to become successful, confident and happy learners so that they will look back on their years at the school with pride and a sense of achievement, wherever their talents lie.
Ideally, you need to have:
· The ideal candidate must have training in personal care, moving and handling, team teach and ASD, PMLD experience
· Support students in your care to complete day to day tasks.
· Experience with SEN students
· Eligibility to live and work in the UK
· The desire and motivation to meet the challenge of working with children with SEN
· Ability to develop an understanding of the educational, welfare and social needs of the child with whom you are supporting
· Ability to stay calm and objective when presented with unusual or challenging behaviour
· Capability to relate exceptionally well with children and to go that extra mile to help them achieve
What GSL Education can offer you:
· Excellent rates of pay
· Professional support from our team of experienced consultants
· Continued support through all placements via a dedicated consultant
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We welcome applications from all teaching assistants who feel that they can add value to an already flourishing department and whom can prosper in a highly effective, fast-paced environment.
Candidates wishing to apply are requested to forward a copy of their CV to email@example.com or contact on 07983995779 as soon as possible.