Job descriptionSEN Teaching Assistant
Start Date: September 2021
Job Type: Temporary/Part-Time/Supply
Pay Rate: £65 - £85
Location: Hull and The East Riding
GSL Education are currently looking for a number of SEN Teaching Assistants to work across a Trust from September 2021. Within the Trust, there are a number of Primary and Secondary aged SEN Schools and Alternative Provisions based across Hull and The East Riding.
The Trust promotes excellent learning behaviour for all its pupils with a core focus on fostering pupil resilience in its mainstream and specialist teaching settings; resultantly, pupils make exceptional progress irrespective of starting points.
These positions are open to those already with SEN Teaching Assistant experience, or those looking to take the leap into the SEN sector.
What it takes…
If you do not already have experience as a teaching assistant in a SEN school or alternative provision, skills needed include:
- sensitivity and understanding
- patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- the ability to work well with others
- the ability to create the best conditions for learning or teaching new things
- to be flexible and open to change
- the ability to understand people’s reactions
To be successful, you must:
- Have 6 months experience working in special needs as a Special Needs Teaching Assistant, Support Worker, Healthcare Assistant or Nursery Nurse
- Or be a graduate, hold a level 2 or level 3 teaching assistant qualification
- Be knowledgeable on how to successfully manage behaviour linked to Autism, Mental Health Needs and Learning Difficulties
- Hold an Enhanced Child Workforce DBS registered to the Update Service, or be willing to complete one through GSL Education
- Be an enthusiastic, highly motivated individual who leads by example
For more information on this role, or to be considered, please click apply now and one of our dedicated consultants will be in touch.