Job descriptionBehaviour Support Worker - SEMH, LAC, ASD and Challenging Behaviour
Salary- £75- £85
Contract Type- Full time - Temporary- Permanent
GSL Education is a notable education recruitment company helping support assistants and teachers find work within a range of SEN schools and we are currently looking for enthusiastic and motivated Behaviour Support Workers for an SEN school based in Rugby.
As a Behaviour Support Worker, you will be responsible for supporting children both in small groups and on a 1:1 basis. You will be managing challenging behaviour in the classroom and may be required to run intervention activities and report to staff members on pupils with ongoing needs both socially and academically. It is essential that any candidate wanting to work as a Behaviour Support Worker has prior experience working within a similar role. A relevant qualification and experience with students with special educational needs are desirable.
About the role:
- Work as part of the Inclusion Team to provide disaffected / vulnerable students with the appropriate support
- Assist students to follow behaviour and learning programmes
- Liaise with families, carers, external agencies and relevant staff, according to the student's Individual Education Plan, in collaboration with teachers and other colleagues
- Take responsibility for individuals and small groups of students ensuring their safety and welfare
- Passionate and caring individual
- Relevant qualifications
- Grades A-C in Maths and English at GCSE
- Previous experience working with SEN, Challenging behaviour, Youth offending, Youth Work or Support Work
- TEAM TEACH- Desired but not necessary
- Must have experience working with extremely challenging behaviour, SEMH, Autism, ADHD, Attachment disorder and LAC backgrounds.
- Are flexible and can work well within a team
- Have experience of working with children with a variety of needs and from a range of different backgrounds
- Knowledge of behaviour management strategies and emphatic listening skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Current DBS on the Update Service (or willing to apply for a new one)
For further information please contact Gugs on 07534975592 or email email@example.com.