Job descriptionEYFS and KS1 SEN Teaching Assistant required – SEN Primary School Derbyshire
Salary- £65 - £85
GSL Education is currently looking for a passionate and experienced EYFS and KS1 SEN teaching assistant to work in a thriving SEN Primary school in Derbyshire. It is a short term contract but can be permanent for the right candidate.
The selection of candidates will be made on the basis of a possible trial class and interview. The role is for a school with lively campus and plenty of resources for children to thrive through, inspiring teaching by well-qualified professionals who are passionate about what they do, as children gain a love of learning, a thirst for sport and an appreciation of the arts.
We are particularly keen to speak to those who have experience supporting Early Years and KS1 pupils with varying SEN requirements and have an understanding of EYFS framework.
The successful candidate will be:
- The ideal candidate preferably will have training in Personal Care, Moving and Handling, Team Teach and Autism, PMLD, Challenging Behaviour, and LAC Children experience
- Providing 1:1 behavior support to a primary pupil with extremely challenging behavior
- Managing and implementing appropriate structures for SEN children
- Acting like a positive role model and providing nurture support
- Providing numeracy and literacy booster sessions out of the classroom
- De-escalating heightened and volatile situations.
For further information on the role, please contact Jeshma on 0116 4788000 or email email@example.com to secure this exciting opportunity!