Job descriptionJob Title: Teacher of Religious Education
Location: Lewisham, SouthEast London
Salary: MPS inner London
Start Date: September 2021
GSL Education is currently seeking to appoint an outstanding Religious Education teacher to join a friendly and dynamic Ofsted rated 'Outstanding' school. This will be an RE Teacher role starting from September 2021.
The school is seeking to appoint a Teacher of Religious Education to work with our students aged between 11-18 years old. The ideal candidate with have the vision, and gravitas to work with young people and contribute to general school life.
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the Head of Department in strategically leading and delivering the curriculum, and will have shared responsibility for the overall effectiveness in providing the highest quality of RE education for all our students in our outstanding school. A practicing catholic would be preferred. This role is suitable for an NQT
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to a DBS enhanced disclosure check.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a qualified Religious Education teacher (ideally with PGCE, GTP, B'ed, Cert Ed, BA with QTS).
- Demonstrate recent experience as an RE Teacher. (this could include PGCE placement schools)
- Be proven to raise and maintain attainment levels, keeping standards high.
- Be an enthusiastic, highly motivated individual who leads by example.
- Demonstrate good communication and interpersonal skills with excellent behaviour management strategies.
GSL Education is an ethical, independent recruitment agency serving Teachers across Greater London. Our advertised teaching roles relate to real vacancies that exist in our client Schools.
We welcome applications from all RE teachers who feel that they can add value to this school and whom can prosper in a highly effective, fast-paced environment.
Candidates wishing to apply are requested to forward a copy of their CV to our Regional Manager, Ryan Jordan, as soon as possible.