Job descriptionJob Title: Sports Graduate – Cover Supervisor
Location: Tyne & Wear
Daily Rate: £75 – £90
Nature of Employment: Supply/Permanent/Contractual
GSL Education are seeking Sports Graduates to work within Secondary Schools and alternative provisions across Tyne and Wear of Newcastle. With more than 17 years of experience, we have a wealth of knowledge and connections that we will use to help find a placement that suits you. Our rates are highly competitive and we have day-day, long-term and permanent contracts available around your requirements.
Eligible candidates will be tasked with supporting the delivery of all national curriculum lessons, as well as covering PE lessons in the absence of the PE Teacher.
Key responsibilities include –
- Delivering pre-set work across Secondary schools.
- Provide 1:1 Support (if/when required) to Key Stage 3 and 4 pupils.
- Working as Supply in the absence of Class Teachers, leading PE lessons and sporting activities.
- Work alongside other education professionals such as Education Psychologists, Social Workers and CAMHS.
- Possessing a current enhanced DBS check registered on the Update Service, or be willing to apply and pay for a new one through us here at GSL.
- Holding a Sport and Exercise Science or Physical Education Degree at 2:1 classification or higher.
- Having at least 6 months experience coaching young people, or working in an education provision.
- Be able to manage behaviour in-line with a “positive reward” behaviour policy.
- Ex – Forces (preferred, but not obligatory).
- Be flexible, conscientious and well-grounded with changing situations.
GSL Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All our roles are subject to relevant checks and procedures. Our advertised teaching roles relate to real vacancies that exist at our client schools.
For further information on this role or to apply, please do not hesitate to contact Joshua at GSL Education.